Domestic waterworks under test: The essential tips and tricks
Get the water flowing: The Einhell domestic waterworks can be used for a wide variety of tasks and save a lot of tap water. Consisting of a pump, a pressure vessel and a pressure control, the various models ensure the transport of clear water from a water reservoir to the point of consumption. From there, you can use the water in the house, yard and garden; for example, for lawn and garden watering, to supply water to your washing machine or even to flush the toilet.
But how do domestic waterworks with all the individual parts work and when is it worthwhile for you? We compared the best devices in the Einhell domestic waterworks test and summarised some tips on the topic of the domestic waterworks for you.
How do domestic waterworks operate?
The most important components of domestic waterworks are the pressure boiler, the pump and the pressure switch: the pump sucks the water from the well and transports it into the pressure boiler. This collects a certain amount of water, so that the domestic waterworks don't have to be started up every time it is used. The pressure switch is used to check and measure the pressure, which switches the pump on in the event of negative pressure and automatically switches it off in the event of positive pressure.
The domestic waterworks can be connected to a separate water pipe, which you can connect to several consumption points, such as the washing machine or toilet in your house and the watering system in the garden. When the consumption point is put into operation; for example, when the tap is operated, the water is supplied directly from the pressure boiler. If it is empty, the pump automatically supplies water from the water source. This means that you are always supplied with water by the best domestic waterworks from Einhell.
When does it make sense to purchase domestic waterworks?
Domestic waterworks will be particularly worthwhile for you if you want to use well or rainwater as an alternative to tap water. By using alternative water sources, you minimise your monthly water costs and also obtain your water in an environmentally friendly way. However, whether the purchase of domestic waterworks makes sense for you depends on other factors, which we have investigated in the domestic waterworks test.
- Type of source: Domestic waterworks work best in combination with boreholes, which also make deeper water sources accessible.
- Depth of water source: The maximum suction height for domestic waterworks is 7–8 metres. Up to this depth, you can reliably pump water with the various domestic waterworks models. For deeper groundwater levels, you will need to use a deep well pump.
- Water quality: Another important factor is water quality. In the case of groundwater containing iron, despite iron filters, there is still a risk of deposits forming in your toilet and washing machine due to rusty well water. Before purchasing domestic waterworks, you should therefore have the water quality of your water source tested.
The most important features in the domestic waterworks test
When purchasing domestic waterworks, certain values provide information about the performance of the device. To ensure that you are always supplied with water, you should take a closer look at these features. The Einhell ECO-Power enables many models to achieve a higher flow rate while consuming less electricity. This is of great importance in addition to some other points in the domestic waterworks test. We have summarised for you exactly what the various technical features say about the performance of the pumps.
- Delivery: The maximum flow rate indicates how much water the device can transport from the extraction point to the consumption point. Depending on the model, domestic waterworks can supply up to 5,000 litres of water per hour.
- Delivery pressure: In some Einhell models, the delivery pressure is up to 5 bar, which is more than sufficient for common domestic use. To be quite precise, the delivery pressure designates the pressure with which the pump acts on the water to be delivered. Incidentally, the maximum delivery pressure and delivery height are in direct relationship to one another. A maximum delivery height of 10 metres corresponds to a delivery pressure of 1 bar.
- Delivery height: The delivery height describes the height difference between the pump and the outlet point of the water from the connected hose. How high the maximum delivery height depends on the maximum delivery pressure. For example, if you want to pump over 20 metres, you need a pump with a delivery pressure of 2 bar.
- Suction height: The Einhell devices also impress in our comparison when it comes to suction height, boasting up to 8 metres. The suction height is the height difference between the water surface and the paddle wheel, which is located approximately in the centre of the pump.
Technical features of the domestic waterworks
The devices from Einhell are characterised by many technical features: A strong conveying capacity, the thermal protection on the motor and low-noise motors make the devices suitable for everyday use. Some devices are also equipped with a water fill indicator, a dirt indicator and a pressure gauge. This way, you can always keep an eye on the condition of the device and know when you need to clean the filter or whether there is constant pressure in the boiler.
Despite the large capacity of the pressure boilers, the devices are also easy to transport thanks to the ergonomic carrying handle and a relatively low total weight.
The stable pump housing and the built-in, high-quality mechanical seals ensure that you will enjoy your domestic waterworks for a long time. Certain models also have protection mechanisms such as a dry-running safety device or scald protection, which prevents damage to the pump. If you want to maintain your domestic waterworks or need a specific spare part for repair, you will find the necessary accessories in the Einhell Service Shop.
Storage and maintenance of the domestic waterworks
To protect the device from the elements, it should be stored in a dry room and on a stable surface. Dry workshops or cellars are particularly suitable for this purpose. It is best to place the device in such a way that it is always within reach and the water can be conveyed optimally through the pipes. Also be sure to regularly service the device to minimise wear.
Summary: Get the water flowing for your home and yard
Einhell's domestic waterworks are efficient and convenient to operate. The performance and practical features your device should have ultimately depends on which areas you want to supply with water. You can find the right device for your purposes by comparing the individual models from Einhell – here you will find the best domestic waterworks for every purpose – and at a favourable price-performance ratio. Make things happen with the domestic waterworks from Einhell!