Extra tip: Update the software regularly!
Whether you are preparing your robot lawn mower for the winter break, waking it up from hibernation in the spring or in the middle of the gardening season, it is worth taking a regular look at our robotic lawn mower service page. There you will always find the latest available software updates, which ensure that your FREELEXO is constantly optimized and performs its work without any problems. By the way: If your FREELEXO is compatible with the Einhell Connect App, you will also receive a notification via the app as soon as a software update is available for your robot lawn mower.
How to download and install the updates is explained step by step on the service page.
How to winterize the charging station and robot lawn mower
Cleaning your FREELEXO before storage
Right up front: You should never clean your robotic lawn mower under running water or even under high pressure, as the water can damage the sensitive electronics. Instead, you can use air pressure cleaning or a conventional brush. We have summarised for you exactly how to proceed:
- Power off the robotic mower: Before you start cleaning, you should power off the robot lawn mower using the main switch on the bottom of the unit and remove the Power X-Change battery.
- Remove grass residues: With the help of a brush, you can carefully free the robotic lawn mower from the remains of the cut lawn and brush the grass away.
- Clean the casing: You can clean the outer casing with a damp cloth and optionally a little soft soap. Do not use cleaning agents or solvents, as these could damage parts of the device! Make sure that your cloth is not wet, but only damp.
- Check the blades: To achieve good results when mowing the lawn, the blade disc with the blades attached must be movable. Once you have checked this, you should take a close look at the blades. If they are damaged or blunt, you can buy suitable replacement blades from us. Here you should make sure that you never change the blades individually, but always the entire set, so that no imbalance occurs.
- Check the charging contacts: The charging contacts on your robot lawn mower can corrode over time and need to be cleaned. For cleaning, it is best to use a special cleaning agent for metal or a fine sandpaper.
Dismantling and cleaning the charging station
We recommend that you also protect the charging station from low temperatures, because cold and frost can shorten the service life of the station. It is best to dismantle the charging station before the first night of frost and after the last lawn mowing in autumn. A few points need your attention:
- You can wipe the housing clean with a damp cloth.
- You should check the charging contacts for corrosion and, if necessary, clean them with a metal cleaning agent or lightly sand them with fine sandpaper.
- Once you have dismantled the charging station, be sure to protect both ends of the fixing wire from rust. To do this, you can wrap the wire ends watertight with a plastic bag and insulating tape, for example. To protect the wire against wind and weather, you should fix it in place. For example, you can stick a wooden stick firmly into the ground and then tie the waterproof packed wire to the wooden stick.